Saturday, June 30, 2007

Home at Last

Well we have made it through the first week very successfully (Thank you very much to Bama!!!) Brock has been a great sleeper and since starting out right away with my giving up all dairy foods in my diet we have only had 1 or 2 nights of colic. Poor Aidan got to be the guinea pig on that one. It breaks my heart over how long it took us to figure out that with him and even then his little tummy was still bothered alot. With mom in town we also all got plenty of sleep as Brock was sleeping between 5-6 hour stretches at night. Now that he has turned into a major chow hound it's more like every 3 hours at night but still very managable. (Knock on wood! I know it won't always be like that.)



This is the first day that Aidan came to visit us. He did good with Bama at home the night Brock was born but was happy to have Daddy back home for the second night I was away. Aidan is very proud of Brock but feelling slightly mad at me because I'm so busy sometimes.



Yeah! Coming home at last!









Comfy in our vibrating chair. We made it through the first night just barely without one. (John was almost asked to run to Wal-Mart at 1 am) I had completely forgotten and had 2 pieces of pizza (big NO NO) These chairs are an absolute lifesaver for little tummies.



Suggling with my two babies!



And finally some pics of Aidan and Brock.















Aidan has still not held Brock but we are waiting with the camera for when he wants to . He has been having fun helping me with the binkies and turning the swing on and off for me but other than that is pretty shy about being around him. We all had a fun morning though playing tractors and trains. Somehow I foresee alot of that in my future but I'm looking forward to every second of it!!!

1 comment:

Marta Jeremy Emily and Abigail said...

Wow what beautiful pictures! I'm glad things are going so smoothly, what a great first week! We'd still LOVE to come visit, but will wait until you're ready for company!

Its lucky that soy products have come so far these days, makes non dairy tolerable! ;)

Hugs to all!