Monday, July 16, 2007

Fun with the boys!

It's hard to believe that 3 weeks have flown by so fast. We have finally gotten back into a good rhythm at home and both John and I are thoroughly enjoying our expanded family. We went to the Zoo yesterday and Aidan had a wonderful time. They have just built a new splash park that is really neat so we got to cool off after we were done walking around. I think that Brock and I could have lived without the heat but he did enjoy strolling around in our new double stroller. (Thank you Grandma Jones!)



Yes, we do believe that Brock is going to have blond hair and blue eyes like his big brother.



Here is Aidan in his fort. For the first few weeks we spent a lot of time in the house so John got very creative with new things for Aidan to do. Brock is now a great traveler and we are venturing out to the barn more during the day so that we can find other entertainment "helping" John and Grandpa.



A group shot of the guys.






Aidan and Brock first thing in the morning. Brock is happy as a lark when he wakes up so John and I are pretty sure that sleeping in late as a group is still far out in our future. (Maybe once they hit the teenage years?)




I shot this pic of Aidan watching for John to get home.



And finally just a shot of a very cute ear. I'm still working on getting the hands and feet. We are going to try to get by without the professional pictures this time but I don't know for how long we'll be able to hold out. It's hard when everyone's so cute! Once Brock is a little bit older and will smile more on cue we're going to get a new family picture anyway. I'd love to find someone to come to the house.



We hope you're all having a wonderful summer! Despite our lack of rain I think that we've missed the outragous heat that some of you are experiencing. About this time of year I'm already looking forward to fall. You can't have everything at once I guess. Take care!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

They are just too cute!!

Adam and I have been talking about trying to get out there soon...just have to find the time!

Marta Jeremy Emily and Abigail said...

You're pictures are SOOOOOOOO cute!!!!! I wish I lived closer! I'm glad that things are going so well.

Emily is so close to rolling over, but she just won't quite do it. She's able to scoot around so the need isn't there as she can get to whatever she wants by scooting and reaching.

I'm really getting impatient about solids. I vowed that we'd wait until 6 months - which is only 2 weeks away - but I was naughty and we snuck some rice cereal the other day... :) But other than that we've been good and haven't tried anything else. I was a little dissapointed. She didn't make any faces, spit it across the room or anything fun like that. She just played with it in her mouth and did a fairly good job of swallowing. Of course that's probably because it is a mild flavor. Wait till we try squash! Yummm.

Marta Jeremy Emily and Abigail said...

Hey Tara,

I thought I'd forward this info on to you regarding your comment about getting someone to come take pictures at your farm.

This couple was in our Bradley Birth Class and they do on site photography. I think they're in your neck of the woods (Jefferson, KY)..? Anyway, here's their website if you'd like to check them out.

http://waityn4jc.com/index.html

Marta