Saturday, June 6, 2009

Poppy is here!!

I had already named her before she was born as I was certain that Goose was going to have a filly this year. When I went out for my 5 am check she was standing up nursing and came over to nicker at me. Of course I had to stick my head in the bedroom and share with John "Poppy's here!" He in the sleepy state that he was in thought I said "Bobby's here!" and starting freaking out about why he was picking up/dropping off a mare at 5 in the morning. (He's the farm manager for our largest foaling account.) She's 5 days old and looking cuter by the minute!












I would like to name her Lucy Lockett as we are going with the Mother Goose nursery rhyme theme now.

Lucy Lockett

Lucy Locket lost her pocket,
Kitty Fisher found it;
Not a penny was there in it,
Only ribbon round it.


P.S. to Nana - Can you believe that beautiful grass they're walking on?? Thank you again sooo much! xoxo Tara

No comments: