Sunday, April 12, 2009

Aidan's Five!


I can't believe that our little guy is five! The years have flown by or so it seems during the small moments of sanity around here. I think I have just given up on ever having anything go normally around here. Whoever determined the meaning of that word had no clue what they were saying. In my opinion it doesn't exist. Or at least according to my sign that John got me for Christmas one year "The only normal around here is the setting on the washing machine!" Isn't it the truth.

Aidan taking a leap off the back stairs. So far we haven't tried anything too very high thank goodness. Not quite sure if he's going to take after Bamma and try to fly like Mary Poppins from the roof with his umbrella someday. Let's hope not.




Here are the annual pear tree pics. John went back through the hard drive and found the first four so I hope to have a post soon with all of them together so you can see how he's grown.







Cousin Samantha was able to join us for the Easter/Birthday party and much fun was had by all!

Our friend Alyssa. She was the turtle of the race for eggs! Taking her time slowly and thoughtfully she found the most eggs by far. What a lesson for us adults!

I'm five tomorrow!

I'm flying! As hard as I try I can't convince Aidan to pass on his duck basket to Brock. Guess he'll decide himself when he's done with it. One of the qualities I love most about him is his crazy little unawareness of what's "cool". I hope he never outgrows this!




Kayla and Aidan. BFF.





Brock busy eating animal crackers from his basket from Babu and Angie. He had just woken up from a nap and had no interest in finding eggs. It would have been priceless to have the camcorder out as any eggs he ran across in the lawn he just kicked out of the way. Oh well. Maybe next year!





The dinosaur cake. Sorry about the lettering. Aidan picked out a $135 cake (granted it was three layers with a volcano on top) but we decided a $2 tube of icing and $2.50 bag of plastic dinosaurs was more our style! : )




Mister sensitive ears. You would think he didn't like his Happy Birthday song but he made sure and reminded me first thing that morning to have everyone sing before the cake!







And finally our "surprise" present from Daddy. I was not thrilled as we already had one toy gun and it involves constant supervising and redirecting in order to achieve a somewhat acceptable play theme in my opinion. At least the boys each have one now so it is somewhat more fair.


This last week has been a memorable one with Chris' memorial service and lots of family in town. The boys had a good time with cousins that they haven't seen in a long time. Will get post ready soon!

1 comment:

Marta Jeremy Emily and Abigail said...

He's such a cutie! 5 is such a neat age, so much energy, love and sweetness, and that ability to tune out the rest of the world and just do what you like!

We're doing good. Just a week until we know what we're having! Emily is potty trained. It took about 3 days for me to relax with her and she keeps improving daily. She gets through most nights dry as well, so that is a huge blessing! She is now in a twin bed as well and doing great. I worried more about changing beds then potty training, and the former was no problem at all - hurray!

Love the pictures!