I am fairly certain that Spring is more welcome every year. The winter months seem to be so very trying with frozen water troughs, 13 layers required on 2 children to get outside, the dog tracking in snow. I could go on and on. We knew it is here for sure when the daffodils made their yearly appearance! Could there be a more sunny flower?
The best aspect of Monday is that it is John's day off. Despite that we had a foal at 3am and were up most of the morning we still managed to put in a full day. It never really seems like work when we are getting to do projects for our place. Guess that's what makes the difference. After our morning run to Tractor Supply (they have their baby chicks & ducks in now which could be a whole post in of itself!) the boys attempted to fix our posthole digger.
Aidan resting in the back of his favorite truck. He picked out a Diesel Trucks Magazine at Tractor Supply and began picking out all kinds of things that he would like to do to Grandpa's truck. At times like those I'm in utter amazement how much these little guys are biologically programed to love big, loud, rumbly machines.
The other little helper. By the time they where done poor John had every tool unloaded from his box into the back yard.
The bradford pear in front of the barn is really covered in blooms this year. My camera was too slow but it was covered in little honey bees. If John didn't have to worry about them when he's mowing I would get a hive. Right after I get my Java and Rhode Island Red chickens of course!
Here's our new little guy. First foal of the season! His daddy's name is Thundergun so we are going to try and name him Tommy Gun if we and his other owner can agree on it. Tommy for short.
No more waiting for foals at the moment so I'm off to a good night's sleep. To dream of daffodils and foals with sweet snuffly kisses. : )
1 comment:
Tara! How are you all? Just found you via Kelly's blog. So good to "see" you!
Post a Comment