As you can see Brock is already trying to get into mischief. John calls him our little starfish because you can never actually see him moving but if you look away he will be on the other side of the room, halfway under the couch or bed, or in some other weird configuration. I think he is close to crawling and is doing pretty well at sitting up with support now that I'm really trying to work on it. Of course he would much rather just try to crawl than just sit there!
Aidan and John have had lots of fun building big train sets lately. The higher the tower goes the better!
Just a few cute naked pics! I couldn't resist the other day while changing his diaper!
Aidan had fun in the snow for about 2 seconds. We're still really recuperating after our horrible bout with the flu. It really got drug out since I was the first one to come down with it and then the boys with John trailing after us. Aidan immediately started eating snow and after a few licks decided that that was enough playtime outside.
Get me out of this chair!! I thought Brock's Bumbo seat might motivate him to sit up more but noooo, he just wants out! It's kind of hard to tell from the pic but he just arches his back till he's almost flung out of the seat.
Aidan on the couch with a snack of horse grain that he snuck into the house. I'm going to try stocking up on granola for him to munch on because he seems to have inherited my love of crunchy things. Poor baby when I was really sick while John was gone at his convention I had a hard time keeping up with making him good meals and so he would go to the snack bin in the kitchen and get out his granola bars, mixed nuts and yogurt from the fridge which he loves to do as he can get it all by himself. It always amazes me how self sufficient he can be now.
Brock excited to play with his new toy bar for his carseat from Da.
Well I'm sure most of the family has heard by now that we are in the process of moving to Missouri. John is being considered for the head trainer position at the largest privately owned saddlebred farm in the country. We are supposed to hear the final word on Sunday so needless to say we are on pins and needles until then. Things have been moving very fast and we are already meeting today with someone that wants to buy our place. John and I have had the feeling all along that 2008 was going to be our year but we had no idea how our lives might be changing within a matter of weeks! If this all works out our lives will have changed so much for the better in many aspects but of course we'll miss all of our family tremendously and will be burning the roads between there and everyone here in KY! I've already checked on airfares from Kansas City though and it will be much shorter of a trip (3 hours!) to Seattle and Salt Lake City. In case you haven't noticed we are trying to focus on the positives as it's going to be hard for us to take the plunge and try something new.
On a lighter note we had a wonderful last minute playdate with Marta, one of my best friends growing up and her almost 1 year old daughter Emily. Her mom was coming to Louisville for a business meeting so they decided to ride along. It was absolutely wonderful to catch up and watch the kids playing together. I forgot my camera today but I'll be sure and post some pics later. I'm pretty sad because I'd almost forgotten how much fun it was to have a good friend and they are moving as well so we probably won't be seeing each other for a while, Thank goodness for blogs! (If you want to check theirs out it's hazardwetmorefamily.blogspot.com) That's all for now and we'll be sure and let everyone know what's going on around here!
2 comments:
We had SUCH A BALL too! Wish we lived closer as well, but who knows what things will be like in a few years either.
Good luck packing and moving - hope things work out!
What part of Missouri will you guys be in?? It'll be so nice to have some more family close by!
Oh, and Savannah rarely sat in her Bumbo. She did the same back-arching trick.
Post a Comment