Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! Ours was so much fun getting to see all of our family and enjoying time together. The festivities leading up to the big day were just as fun as well. Meghan, Aidan, and I made fudge and cream candy one day for the entire family while watching Muppets Christmas Carol. We got to spend several days together shopping and generally wearing the boys out at the play center at the mall as well.

Here's the boys relaxing at Meg & Chad's house. It was so fun to get to open up presents around their new fireplace logs. With the woodburning fireplace at our house we can't use it when everyone is over because with so many people in the place we have to open the windows it gets so hot! Saves on the electric!




Here's Babu, Angie, the girls and Brock. This was the first time the girls got to meet Brock so he was very interested in everyone.


Here we are by the tree. As you can tell we had had a couple of good days and got tons of great presents to play with!


Brock just chilling playing his xylophone from Aunt Meg & Uncle Chad.


The day after Christmas Mom, Ty, Samantha, and Meg got to come over to exchange gifts and have a wonderful Brunch to celebrate Mom's Birthday together. Samantha has grown so much. I will post more pics later because I got some really cute ones of Sam holding Brock but they will not turn the right way up. John's computer is still not fixed ($$$ later as this way his big present to get it fixed). Needless to say I am NOT Happy! For the moment we are Apple people no longer! They sent him back to CompUSA but they are going out of business so they could basically care less about it.


Thankfully this pic comes next so my madness melts away for the moment. I must say they're awful cute!


Aidan painting his litttle wooden boat from Meg & Chad. He had so much fun paint all over basically. Luckily we had removed the shirt before we started. Brock fell asleep in my lap and I had to call John into the house to clean him up because by that time it had traveled into his hair and everywhere!


Too bad Brock is soooo crabby all the time!


Aidan playing with his new magnetic toy from Babu and Angie.


Thank you so much to all for the wonderful gifts! I will be sending out Thank Yous evertually with family pics. Sorry I didn't get the Christmas cards out but I thought for this year we'd do Happy New Year's one anyways! Maybe some of you actually did something special. John and I stayed up until midnight putting our numerous DVD collection into a book so that we can store the cases somewhere else. Our main goal that I've already started on is minimizing clutter in the house and orgainizing everything. Our lives got a little out of control last year so we are going to start with our environment and then move on to more personal aspects of our life.

Here's to hoping that everyones next year is filled with Joy & Happiness! Thank you for all the Christmas cards and letters we received! We enjoy hearing from everyone! All our Love, Tara, John, Aidan, & Brock

3 comments:

Marta Jeremy Emily and Abigail said...

Such cute pictures! I can't wait to see you guys!

Let me know what your February is like... I'm starting to think about Emily's birthday on the 1st. That might be a fun time to get together.

Marta Jeremy Emily and Abigail said...

Wow! That sounds really busy! We'll hopefully it will work out. Let me know, we could always meet in Lexington or something to make it an easier trip.

I just found out that my job is ending at the end of the month. I didn't expect that to happen, but it makes sense and I'm not too upset over it. I am anxious about selling our house though! I'm hoping we can do that quickly so we could move in with my parents and not have so many expenses... But don't know if that's possible either.

Good news on John's job though, huh! I'm sure that's a blessing even if it involves moving far away!

Marta Jeremy Emily and Abigail said...

Give me a call if you get this message today, my mom's heading up to Louisville tomorrow for some business and maybe she could drop Emily and I off for a visit...