Saturday, May 5, 2007

Babies, Babies, Babies!

Once again we are falling behind drastically on our blog and miss hearing from everyone. Our barn is overrun with mares due any moment and the house is starting to fill up with baby things again at a fast pace as I only have approximately 6 more weeks to go. The mares are fairing nicely in their newly completed stalls but I have been getting grumpier and grumpier by the day. (John might phrase it differently but he has gotten off fairly lightly in the foaling out duties so I don't want to hear about it.) Sleep is getting uncomfortable and I seem to constantly have heart burn and/or feel sick to my stomach. Pixie had a black filly last weekend so Aidan is very excited that he got a black one of his own to keep. (One of our customer horses had a black colt that they took home and he was very broken hearted that it couldn't stay with us.) We call her Charlotte and plan on registering her as Miss Spider. She is completely black and her legs are so long that she stands up to the top of my stomach. Goose is slightly overdue so she should go soon. As soon as her baby stretches out we'll take some pics and get them up. Aidan is just loving life right now with all of "his" babies around and so many stalls to clean. Today is Derby Day and he has been talking non-stop about going to Churchill Downs (he loves the food!) so we may try to go on Mother's Day if no mares look as if they are going to go while we're gone. Hopefully I will be able to post again soon but we love you all!

2 comments:

Marta Jeremy Emily and Abigail said...

Good to hear from you guys! I figured it was getting hectic. :) I hope you can keep up, I admire your courage Tara to keep working so hard (I really wimped out at the end!).

Can't wait to see pictures! We need to plan a time to get together - Probably us coming up would be easiest as it looks like you'll be tied up until Brock comes, and then you'll really be tied up. Jeremy's doing ER for two months so his schedule has a few days off due to 12 hours shifts. Let me know what you think.

Marta

Anonymous said...

Hi Tara and John and Aidan and Brock. How is everyone. It was great to hear your news. sounds like you are really busy.I Can't wait to see some new pictures.Nana is having back surgery on monday and grampa printz would also heal more quickly if he had some new pics to look at.Hows that for a guilt trip. Did i mention Aunt Bets would probably heal faster also.Not to mention making my day.I love and miss you lots Aunt kel