Sunday, May 18, 2008

Growing Boys & Mothers Day

Hi everyone! In checking the blog it appears that it has been quite some time since we last posted. Spring is in full swing here and we have been spending every waking moment outside pretty much raining or not. Our garden is all planted and Aidan and I are keeping a daily watch to see what has sprouted during the night. We tried to do a little of everything to cut down on the grocery bill. Just a quick list: peppers of all kinds, tomatoes, onions, carrots, green beans, a type of spinach that is heat tolerant so will produce all summer, cantaloupe, tigger melons, cucumbers, zinnias, hollyhocks, and we are currently waiting for our yukon gold potatoes to sprout in the pantry so we can plant them. Why is it that when you are planing to eat them they sprout so quickly but when we are waiting for them too it takes forever? Sorry for my rambling. . .






The boys have been having a blast now that they can get outside full time again. John and I have to watch for bedtime because we wonder if we are the best parents when we go inside as the sun is going down and discover that it is after "bedtime". I guess we don't really have one. Oops!






Here's my clematis and arbor that was our first gardening purchase for the year. I'm very proud of it as we still have no official flowerbeds around the house. I was finally sick of it and decided to start somewhere.





Here's all the boys planting my Mother's Day presents. We went to a really neat nursery in Frankfort and bought apple trees, blueberry bushes, and raspberry plants! It might take a while but eventually we'll have plenty of things to graze on around here! It is truly amazing how much food the boys can pack away now. Rather shocking to me that we now have to buy 2 loaves of bread for the week. I'm figuring it's only going to get worse. I guess I'll have to work on my baking skills. : )









1 comment:

Marta Jeremy Emily and Abigail said...

Wow they're getting so BIG! Brock's about to have a birthday isn't he?

I wanted to visit again before we migrated, but we were just crazy all of May. We're pretty happy in our new place and I'm getting used to city life. We moved in on the 5th and today is my first day doing laundry...we NEEDED it bad!

Emily's finally walking (only took 15 months ;)) and is working on tooth number 9 currently.

Happy Father's day!

Marta