Thursday, February 7, 2008

Finally Word!

Ok, so after only a month of waiting on pins and needles the lady finally got back to us that she had decided to go with someone older than John for the job position we had been waiting on in MO. Guess it will hopefully work out for the better as we knew going into this that this lady is known to be really hard to work for and is very indecisive. (Imagine that!) Needless to say John and I have now dove into getting our farm ready for spring foaling season and various other potential money making ventures. Actually right now John got a temporary job training and a really nice private barn here in town while their usual trainer is recuperating from a broken foot or something. Unfortunately this is only going to really spoil him when he goes back to just working our horses by himself. Maybe he'll get some more training horses in by then and can afford to get some help again. Umberto (our last help) is back in the county (he was deported back to Mexico after a traffic violation) but is now going to another part of the country for obvious reasons.

The weather has been really weird here. Record highs of close to 70 and then tornados and snow. We have been spending most days inside reading in our jammies. How exciting!



Check out my cute foot!


The boys are certainly starting to enjoy each others company.


Here's the pic of Marta's little girl Emily and the boys that I promised. They had so much fun playing together.




Aidan was outside playing the other day since it warmed up to the upper 60's in temp. I hadn't seen him out the window in a while so I yelled out the back door. I could here him say I'm here! I'm Curious d'George! but I couldn't find him anywhere until he kept yelling and then I noticed a small speck up in the tree by the back fence. I guess we're going to have a climber on our hands! I should have know that because when he barely had learned to walk he started climbing anything he could get up!


Yea! Mud!!! You can't keep the child out of the dirt! He has so much fun but I think I'm going to have to invest in laundry detergent!


We got out the Johnny Jump Up the other day and Brock loves it! He didn't bounce as much as Aidan did but he still thought it was pretty cool to be standing there without someone holding him up. Maybe we need to invest in an exersaucer for him.


Aidan got a new red cowboy hat. It's now his favorite for the moment and as you can tell matches every outfit in his mind.




Brock and Ma having some fun!






Here's some pics of Meg, Ty, and Samantha. We went to Meg's house for the Superbowl and had a great time all together. Meg made a great mexican meal and then us girls and kids watched movies while the guys watched football. We had to head home at halftime so the little guys could get to bed which they did in time for John and I to watch the end of the game. We were very happy with the outcome but Tyler and Chad were very disappointed!




That's pretty much all for now. We're just working hard to get ready for foaling season and are excited to be staying on our farm. Won't be long and the seed catalogs should arrive as Aidan and I are already thinking ahead to what we'd like to plant this year. Hope everyone else is well! Chris is doing much better and is back riding again (that's the true test for us horse people!)

No comments: