Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Spring!

Well I decided to post anyway even though I can't for the life of me figure out how to get my photo mouse to work with my computer. I guess I won't be able to post pics until John gets his computer fixed. Spring is finally trying to arrive as we usually have a few days each week that are warm and sunny. Of course that only makes the rest of the time that much more dreary.

Our daffodils are up and getting ready to bloom so I hope that they don't decide to open in a cold spell. Adian and I have cleaned up our garden and are waiting for Daddy to rent the tiller so that we can get going! We missed our chance last year to grow spinach and lettuce as it got too warm before we were planting. Hopefully we'll get them in this year as it will be fun to plant some new things.

It actually might be a good thing that we are not posting new pics right now as Aidan fell from the top of the stairs as I'm sure many of you have heard. He has a very nasty red, scaby, egg right in the middle of his forehead. I think it scared me just as much as it hurt him. There's nothing quite like seeing your child laying facedown on concrete after falling down 4 stairs. : (
My friend Lisa said she was very impressed with my 6 mo. pregnant graceful leap from the top of the stairs! He seems to be doing fine but it makes me cringe everytime I see his boo boo.

We had a great time last weekend at Samantha's dance receital. I checked Ty's blog and he still hasn't posted about it so I guess it's fair game. (Sorry Ty!) She was so cute and her group performed Easy Street. Of course she did absolutely amazing! (and we're not even biased!) They didn't allow pics during the program so Ty will have to post pics of her in her costume as I couldn't even begin to describe how cute she was.

Other than that our lives have pretty much revolved around work right now. John is working 12 horses now so that is wonderful. In his spare time he is also frantically finishing our barn as we are going to be foaling out 27 horses in the next few months. My goals for the next 2 1/2 months are the following:

1) To have all of our training horses broke to ride
2) To have foaled out as many mares as possible
3) To have our 6 mares back in foal by the end of May

Once those few things (ha!) are done John should only have about 5 mares to foal out by himself so I can kick back and put my feet up and relish the last few weeks of being a Mommy to only 1.

Hope everyone else is having a wonderful spring as well and I'll be working on a way to get pics up for you!

No comments: