Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Brock's Birthday

Sorry it took so long to post. With summer in full swing the days seem to be flying by and we seem to not really be accomplishing anything too important. Guess that's the fun of summer! Brock is officially walking now and despite the fact that he can now do many more things by himself is still not totally satisfied with his balancing talents. Any high spot such as a chair, table, or bed is certainly meant to be conquered.


Here's the big 1 year old! How time flys! Both the boys are really no longer seeming like babies. : (


Brock got some really neat toys this year. We managed to cut back on the number of presents and it worked out beautifully as he really got to enjoy everything.


Checking out my neat animal train from Grandpa and Grandma.


Aidan outside in the backyard. Please excuse the tall weeds! With gas prices as they are we don't run around with the mower or weedeater like we quite normally do.


Brock driving the tractor at Grandpa's barn. He seems to be just as much in love with the big tractor as Aidan is.


Roar! On my riding lion! He loves this present that he also got to pick out himself. He kept repeatedly kissing it on the nose when Bama brought it home. Wish I could have been ready with the camera!


The birthday cake that John, Aidan, and Brock picked out. It was so cute and the little bugs were all finger puppets.


Playing with my animal train again.


Yummy, yummy cake. No one had to tell Brock to dive right in! I think unfortunately that we have introduced Brock to sweets a lot sooner than Aidan was allowed. Hum, does this sound slightly familiar from my childhood? I'll have to watch this.


Brock trying to touch his candle. We had to have a little help from Daddy and big brother to blow it out because he is slightly confused about blowing because that is the way we "kiss".


Brock sleeping in. He likes to stay in bed a little longer than the rest of us. He just looked so sweet I had to take a picture of him. If Aidan happens to wake him up early he has taken to going and laying on the guest bed while we eat breakfast at our table right by the bedroom door so he can see us.


My little "getti" nose.


A self portrait of Aidan and I.


Here's Aidan on the couch with our favorite summer pastime. They have renovated the Shelby Co. Library so we have taken to going once a week and checking out some books. I think Aidan has just about covered all snake books in the children's section and was excited to see there are more upstairs in the adults. Oh boy! John and I know many more snake facts than we care to know but are enjoying watching his enthusiasm.


Brock of course has to get in on everything as well and has been caught a few times ripping mommies books that I try to hide in the corner!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I can't believe Brock is one already! He looks like such a big boy in that last picture :)

Looks like you guys are doing well!

Marta Jeremy Emily and Abigail said...

Wow! They're getting SO BIG! I can't believe how well Brock's walking around. It took 15 months for Emily. :)

We're doing good in Michigan, Jeremy just started working in August (he had to wait a month for a test score...) and we're keeping busy with Church and some friends that we've made through church and the residency program.

Emily's talking more and more each day, and starting to recognize people in pictures. Its getting to be a lot of fun!

Hey we're downsizing from our freestyle, are you guys still thinking about getting one? I'm going to list it on Auto Trader and see if I get any nibbles.